This case contains graphic content that may not be suitable for all readers.
Arroyo Grande Jane Doe was a female found murdered in 1980 in Henderson, Nevada.
The Jane Doe's naked body was found face-down near Arroyo Grande Road in Henderson, Nevada. The victim's death was a homicide, as she had been hit in the back of the head with a blunt object, beaten in the face and had been stabbed multiple times in the back and head. She had died hours earlier, and there was no evidence of a sexual assault, though she was found nude. 27 women have been ruled out as being the decedent.
The body had apparently been washed and a piece of the shower curtain was found near her body.
She was exhumed in late 2016 for additional testing.
- Light brownish-blonde, 11-inch hair.
- Her eyes are commonly listed as blue but could have been green or hazel.
- A recent tattoo of the letter "S" on her right forearm.
- Noticeable gap in her teeth (this may have occurred post or perimortem).
- One tooth had a suture, a technique used to straighten a tooth.
- Vaccination scar on her left bicep.
- Her wisdom teeth were impacted.
- Birthmark on her lower back.
For a full list of exclusions, please view the NamUs page.
- Rachael Garden
- Tammy Akers
- Laureen Rahn
- Terry Collier
- Sandra Butler
- Suzanne Schultz
- Kim Doss
- Melinda Creech
- Sandra Landrum
- Debbie McCall