This case contains graphic content that may not be suitable for all readers.
Bay County Jane Doe was a woman who was found murdered in a canal in 1996. Her murder was later solved and the perpetrator claimed to have met the woman at a "topless bar" and murdered her after she demanded payment for sex he requested. She may have been from the Czech Republic.
She was found murdered and naked from the waist down in the tall reeds of the backwaters of Warren Bayou on May 30, 1996 at 11:00. She was raped and killed on a dirt road near the Steam Plant canal six weeks before her discovery. Her remains were so deteriorated that it made identification impossible, but there were 2 complete fingerprints and a partial one that were able to be obtained.
She was last seen alive leaving Tan Fannie's, a topless bar, on Beck Avenue the night of April 20, 1996 with a man who was convicted of her murder, Billy Frank Hansen. Investigators have reason to believe that the woman tried to contact a friend at an apartment on Beck Avenue the night she allegedly was killed, but that person has not been located or identified as of this date.
Hansen said he and a friend were out drinking at Tan Fannie's topless bar on Beck Avenue when they met the victim. Hansen said he and his friend arrived at the bar around 22.00 and left around 3:30. He said that the woman asked for a ride home, but was so drunk that she didn't notice when they bypassed it. Hansen's friend was driving and Hansen sat in back. The woman sat in front, Hansen said. His friend said that the woman told Hansen that she would have sex with him, but then she demanded money.
- She has a shoulder-length light brown wavy hair with blonde highlights.
- She suffered fractured ribs (both left and right), broken nose, and a leg/knee injury that have since healed. These are presumed to be from an automobile accident.
- The 5th metacarpal on her left hand had a Boxer's fracture.
Clothes and accessories
- Bluish-green 3/4 sleeve pullover sweatshirt with a "Laguna" logo on the front
- "L.A. Gear" brand red and white striped sports bra
- 7 inch gold plated herringbone bracelet on left wrist, about 2 1/2" in diameter