This case contains graphic content that may not be suitable for all readers.
Bitter Creek Betty, also known as "Rose Doe" was a woman found murdered in Wyoming in 1992. She is one of three known victims of a previously unidentified serial killer.
The body was found unclothed and face-down after it appeared to have been dumped from a vehicle at the top of a hill. The victim's body was completely frozen. She died between October 1991 and February 1992.
The victim had suffered injuries to her face and neck, along with a wound to her left nostril, which damaged the underlying bone. Examination failed to confirm whether the puncturing was inflicted by the suspect or occurred postmortem, perhaps during the retrieval of the body. The exact cause of her death remains undetermined, but it is classified as a homicide. She was, however, sexually assaulted in both lower-body cavities.
Her case was linked through DNA to another unidentified victim who was discovered in the same state during the same year. Additionally, the murders were linked to the 1991 killing of Pamela McCall in Tennessee, near Interstate 65.
The modus operandi of the killer includes the following details: all three were either pregnant or had a history with childbirth, aged 32 and below, and had brown hair. McCall was strangled; the other Jane Doe was possibly beaten. Sexual assault was also consistently evident in all three murders. Jewelry (if any) and footwear were also missing for each; although Bitter Creek Betty was the only nude victim.
In May 2020, Clark Perry Baldwin, 59, of Waterloo, Iowa, was arrested and charged with the three victims' murders, along with that of Pamela McCall's unborn child.
- Dark brown hair
- Brown eyes
- She had a tattoo of a rose on her right breast, which was traced to a business in Tucson, Arizona.
- Chinese lettering was observed between the stem and a leaf, located below the bloom.
- Evidence of dental work.
- The victim had a vertical Cesarean section scar.
- She had another scar on her left calf.
- The victim was previously thought to be Native American until DNA testing showed she was both Hispanic and White.
Clothing and accessories
- A pair of pink underwear was found near the body.
- A pair of sweatpants was also found near the body.
- The victim wore a gold ring on her left ring finger.
- She also wore a gold necklace.
- Tiffany Sessions
- Janet Dolgae
- Pamela Neal
- Nancy Jason
- Vicki Nesbitt
- Amber Scholz
- Sherry Bynum
- Pamela Dalton
- Virginia Uden
- The victim had been beaten and stabbed, although the FBI reports the exact cause of death was undetermined.