Carbon County John Doe was a white man whose moderately decomposed remains were found at the bottom of a coal car in Carbon County, Utah on September 20, 1978.
The case in which the decedent was found had been in Grand Island, Nebraska on September 9, 1978. The train then travelled through Salt Lake City, Provo, and Helper before arriving in rural Carbon County on September 18, 1978. Property found on the decedent suggests he may have been in Lincoln, Nebraska and Wichita, Kansas.
- Short gray or partially gray hair.
- Burn scar on right thigh.
- Tattoo of a snake on the right arm.
- Tattoo on the right forearm with the text Dorothy Jan 8 1950.
- Tattoo of a dagger on the right forearm.
- Tattoo of two daggers on the chest.
- Bottle of lotion with the name Byron Ditton on it.
- Book of matches from County Steel Liquor Store in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Book of matches from Westgate Bank in Lincoln Nebraska.
- Empty vodka bottle from Utah State Liquor Store.
- Prescription eyeglasses.
- Eyeglass case with B Botions Sullivan Union National Building Wichita, Kansas written on it.