Carla (or Karla) was a victim of Keith Hunter Jesperson. Her name may have also been Cindy.
The victim was located on westbound Pacheco Pass highway near Casa de Fruita by a truck driver who stopped at the turnout to relieve himself.
Serial killer Keith Hunter Jesperson confessed to her killing in 1997 in a letter to authorities. In his letter, Jesperson claimed that he met her at a truck stop on Interstate 5 in Corning, California about 20 miles south of Red Bluff and gave her a ride after buying lunch for her. In Williams, California, they had sex then strangled her, before driving on toward Gilroy, California. Along the way several hours later, he stopped at the Pacheco Pass on Highway 152, and tossed her body off the berm. He said she claimed to have relatives in the Sacramento, California area and she may have been a prostitute.
Between 1990 and 1995, Jesperson strangled eight women, many of the sex workers and transients, in California, Florida, Nebraska, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming. Three of his victims, "Carla", "Claudia", and "Suzanne" remain unidentified. He is now imprisoned at the Oregon State Penitentiary.
- Her race is White, but is believed to have Hispanic characteristics as well.
- Medium-length brown hair.
- Brown eyes.
- Five-inch abdomen car as a result of gallbladder surgery across stomach.
- Track marks across the arm due to drug abuse.
- No evidence of childbirth.
- Evidence of previous dental treatment but she had not cared for her teeth for some time, due to the level of deterioration.
- Blue jacket.
- Blue T-shirt.
- Blue jeans.
- White Hanes brand underwear.
- White bra.
- White Nike socks with blue stripes.
- Brown tennis shoes.
Her reconstruction was shown on the show Evil Lives Here, along with Claudia.