Dennis Ray Etheridge was a young man found deceased in 1993 in North Carolina. The remains were presumed to be female until 2008. He was identified in 2021 and was reported missing in 1979.
Dennis Ray Etheridge's skull was found first, by fishermen at the Buckhorn Reservoir. The men later found a bag weighed with fragments of asphalt and rocks, which is believed to have been utilized to prevent the body from surfacing.
Etheridge had been shot twice in the head. His mandible was not recovered, forcing forensic artists to approximate the appearance of his jawline.
- The victim most likely ground his teeth.
- Abscesses behind his teeth.
- He may have had a previous injury to his face.
- His nose may have appeared crooked.
- He may have had a noticeable gait when he walked.
Clothing and accessories
The clothing and accessories found at the scene may not be related to the victim.
- Blue jeans.
- A belt-buckle.
- A woman's slip-on shoe.