|Location||Grand Rapids, Manitoba|
|Found||May 3, 2003|
|Unidentified for||15 years|
|Body condition||Recognizable face|
|Height approximation||5'7 - 5'8|
|Weight approximation||176 - 177 pounds|
|Cause of death||Hanging|
Deoung arrived in Grand Rapids, Manitoba, via bus. At 3:30 AM or 3:30 PM, he checked into Room 7 at the Northbrook Inn under the name "Deoung Cheron" and paid in cash. At 6:00 PM, a member of the cleaning staff entered his hotel room, only to find him deceased in his chair. Upon further investigation, it was discovered that Deoung gave the hotel a false name and address.
- Deoung had short, black hair.
- His eyes were brown.
- He had a 1 centimeter scar on his left index finger.
- He had a 4 centimeter scar on his left forearm.
- It's believed Deoung was of Chinese or Korean descent and not from Manitoba.
- If Deoung was Korean, he most likely left Korea as a child, as all Korean citizens are fingerprinted once they turn 18.
Clothing and Belongings
- A green "IZOD" golf shirt in a large size.
- A "Saint John's Bay" spring synthetic jacket in a large size.
- Beige "Docker" pants.
- A brown leather belt.
- Brown leather shoes.
- A small black nylon bag containing herbal medication that was prescribed to "Seng Dae Park."
- A bus ticket stub with the name of the buyer being "Dung."