Eklutna Annie's bones were found buried alongside a power line, she was concluded to have died from a stab wound to her back, which Robert Hanson admitted to after she had attempted to flee his car after he was driving her to his home (it is unknown whether she went willingly or she was abducted).
She had at least been dead for a year, meaning she had been dead in 1979 or 1980. She was most likely white, but theres a possibility that she could have Native American ancestry. He stated she was either a topless dancer or a prostitute. Hansen stated that Eklutna Annie may have come from Kodiak, however, other believe that she may have come to Alaska from either California.
Along with Horseshoe Harriet, she is one of two unidentified victims of Hansen, who died in 2014. She was also Hansen’s first victim.
- Long, light brown hair with a reddish tint
- Very small frame
- Eye color and skin tone are unknown
- Pierced ears
- Brown leather jacket, with Salem brand matches inside one of the pockets
- Light-colored knit sweater
- Jeans (Color unknown)
- Red knee-high heeled boots with Nylon zippers to the sides
- Copper necklace with 3 turquoise stones inlaid to the middle
- Handmade silver hoop earrings
- Turquoise and brown shell necklace with a heart pendant
- Golden chain-linked wristwatch (TIMEX Brand)
- White shell ring with a brown inset ring
To view the full list, please go to Eklutna Annie's NamUs page.