Greenbelt John Doe was a young man found deceased in Maryland in 1981. His body was cremated in 1982, but his DNA has since been obtained from a hair sample and submitted into a national database.
The decedent was located in a patch of grass beside the northbound lane of the Baltimore-Washington Parkway by police responding to an anonymous 911 call. His decomposing body was wrapped in a light blue bedspread resembling the type found in hospitals and hotels.
Due to items found on and near his body, police believe he may have been a patient at a local medical facility.
• Kinky, medium-length black hair worn in an afro style
• Long fingernails
• Signs of malnourishment were evident
• His teeth were noticeably crooked and in incredibly poor repair
• His top front teeth were described as "seriously deformed"
Clothing and accessories
- Near the body:
- A beige/white straitjacket bearing an unknown medical insignia and the letters "U.S."
- On the body:
- Blue jeans
- ACE™ bandages covering both ankles and the right foot.