Hanover County John Doe was a man found on the shoulder of Interstate 95, north of Doswell, Virginia.
On February 23, 1982, the decomposed remains of a young/middle aged white/Hispanic man were found in a thicket on the side of Interstate 95, north of Doswell, Virginia. He had been shot multiple times in the head and chest, and had been deceased for about three months. It is unknown if the man was killed at the scene or elsewhere. He was speculated to be of South American origin.
- Short, Dark brown/black hair.
- Stocky build.
- Missing appendix and gall bladder.
- Gold crown on tooth.
Clothing and accessories
- White, knit ski sweater with gray and red stripe across mid chest.
- Baby-blue T-shirt that read "Someone went to Florida and all I got was this lousy T-shirt".
- New, tan cowboy boots.
- Brown support socks.
- 18 carat gold crucifix on a gold chain.
- Seiko watch with dates in Spanish and English.
- Wedding band with the name "Lucy" and the date "4-14-75" on the inside.