"Horseshoe Harriet" is the nickname given to a teenager or young woman who was confirmed to be a victim of serial killer Robert Hansen. She and Eklutna Annie are the only two victims of Hansen that remain unidentified.
Harriet's partial skeletal remains were discovered near Horseshoe Lake in Palmer, Alaska, which is her nickname's sake. It was concluded that she had died due to a gunshot wound and a stab wound. It is unknown if she was involved in sexual acts, as Hansen went for women fitting that description.
NCMEC had attempted in September of 2014 to exhume her bones in hopes to get her DNA and in order to create a reconstruction, however, it was impossible to create a reconstruction due to the condition of the remains. Despite this, they had managed to collect her DNA.
- Brown hair, which was possibly dyed blond.
- Possible smoker.
Clothing and accessories
- A woolen scarf (Color unknown).
- A knit coat and sweater (Color unknown).
- A pair of blue jeans.
- Woolen socks (Color unknown).
- Leg warmers (Color unknown).
- A Bra (Nylon brand).
- Tennis shoes (Color unknown).
- Cigarettes (Kool brand).
- A compact mirror.
- A large comb.
- Golden ring with blue stone inlaid into the middle in a square shape.
- Golden ring depicting a minotaur figure in the middle.
- Golden ring with a fragment of yellow stone inlaid into the middle.
- Golden ring with a heart cut out in the middle.