Isdal Woman (Norwegian: Isdalskvinnen) was a subject who was seen alive on multiple occasions before her body was found in a valley in Norway.
The victim's burned body was found in Isdalen in Bergen, Norway. Two bottles of accelerant and one liquor bottle were at the scene. Although her death was ruled as suicide, many suspect foul play due to the bizarre circumstances of her death. Several governments and intelligence agencies were involved with the case, but none have been forthcoming with information.
She was known to use many aliases when checking into hotels, including:
- Genevieve Lancier
- Claudia Tielt
- Alexia Zerner-Merches
- Vera Jarle
- Fenella Lorch
- Elisabeth Leenhower (also stating she was Belgian)
Prior to her death, she was seen with two other men near the location of her body. The police managed to decode her notes, which revealed the places the woman had visited. It is theorized by some that she may have been a spy, most likely for the Soviet Bloc.
- Dark brown hair tied in a ponytail.
- Brown eyes.
- A round face and small ears.
- Slim with generous hips.
- Extensive dental work, including unusual gold crowns and root canals.
- Isotope and DNA testing indicated she originated from Germany or France.
Clothing and accessories
- She wore a dark blue bubble jacket fastened by a belt with two rings.
- Blue knitted sweater.
- Black trousers.
- A blue umbrella.
- Green and clue checked wool shawl.
- Brown fake fur cape.
- Blue rubber boots.
- Three suitcases containing clothing and the items described below:
- A comb.
- a hairbrush.
- A series of wigs.
- Tube of eczema cream.
- Nine fake passports.