"Joe" was a man who died after falling to his death from a series of rocks while accompanied by acquaintances he had met recently. He made statements that suggested he was not originally from the area, and that he had plans to return to California. Over 150 men have been ruled out as being the decedent.
Information from three males who spent some time with the John Doe said that his first name was "Joe," that he spent some time in New York, New Jersey, and California (Los Angeles specifically). He was on his way to Los Angeles when he was robbed in Cleveland. The man said he had an appointment in Los Angeles on May 3, 1981, was waiting for friends to bring him either money or tickets for fare.
- Light brown hair.
- Light brown eyes.
- Wore beard and mustache.
- According to witnesses, he used alcohol and cocaine.
Clothing and accessories
- Brown shaving kit with miscellaneous toiletries.
- White T-shirt "DON BOSCO TECH PHYS. ED" in green text printed on front.
- Plaid flannel shirt.
- Tan pants.
- Gray sweatshirt with hood.
- Brown belt.
- Green socks.
- Blue denim jacket (near body).
- Tan visor (near body).
- Orange ankle high boots.