John Doe Number 24 was found on the streets of Jacksonville, Illinois on October 11, 1945. He was deaf, mute, and later blind and was sent to numerous state wards throughout the years until he died on November 28, 1993 of a stroke.
- He was deaf and mute
- He later became blind, probably from diabetes
- He had brown/black hair and brown eyes
- He often scribbled the name "Lewis"
- He carried a backpack with rings, glasses, and silverware
- He had a straw hat that he wore often
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.