Penny Dawn Lease is a young woman who went missing on June 2, 1989 in Champaign, Illinois. Foul play is suspected in her case.
Penny's father was last seen by her father who dropped her off at the now-defunct Omni Fitness Center at 23 East Healey Street in Champaign, Illinois, where she worked out. At some point, she left the gym and was never seen again.
According to a Radford University article, Lease has been named as an alleged victim of serial killer Larry DeWayne Hall. Hall is speculated to be responsible for the disappearances up to forty-five women during the 1980s and 1990s. Hall was known to frequent college towns for victims, Lease does fit his general victim profile. He is currently incarcerated at a North Carolina federal prison for the 1993 kidnapping and murder of Jessica Roach. He has not been charged for any other murders besides Roach's, however.
Lease, who resided in Rantoul, Illinois at the time, was declared legally dead in 1996. Her case remains unsolved.
- Wavy medium-length blonde hair with long bangs.
- Brown eyes.
- Pierced ears.
- Four-inch scar on the inside of her upper right arm.
Clothing and Accessories
- Gym workout clothes.
- Large duffel bag.
The following unidentified remains have been ruled-out as being Penny Lease's per NamUs:
- Champaign County Jane Doe (1995), (later identified as Keri Wyant.)
- Elko County Jane Doe (1993)
- Fulton County Jane Doe (March 24, 1992)
- Fulton County John Doe (2011)
- Gray County Jane Doe (1999)
- Hillsborough Jane Doe (1990)
- Hoboken Jane Doe (2005)
- Los Angeles Jane Doe (2005), NamUs profile down, suggesting she has been identified.
- Maricopa County Jane Doe (1989)
- Maricopa County Jane Doe (1996)
- New Britain Jane Doe
- Newport News Jane Doe
- Ramsey County Jane Doe (2000)
- San Bernardino County Jane Doe (1991), NamUs profile down, suggesting she has been identified.
- Simpson County Jane Doe, later identified as Dawn Plonsky Wilkerson
- Stafford County Jane Doe (1998)
- Warren County John Doe (1997)
- Will County Jane Doe (1997)
- Winchester Jane Doe (1991)
- Yolo County Jane Doe (1996), NamUs profile down, suggesting she has been identified.