Takaylah Tribitt was a teenager who was discovered in Indiana in 2019. Following the release of her reconstructions, a tip was submitted by potential friends and family members. She was identified in October of 2019 and her identity was publicly released the following month.
Takaylah was found in an alleyway in Gary, Indiana. Authorities stated she was shot to death and her body was tied to a utility pole. Initial reports stated she was beaten, but the condition of her body was never reported.
Following the release of information surrounding the case, a potential match was suggested by the family of a young woman who hadn't made contact with them for several weeks.
Family and friends of Takaylah Tribitt, 14, voiced a possibility she was the unidentified teen. She disappeared from West Town, Chicago on September 1, 2019. In November 2019, it was revealed to that the female was indeed Takaylah Tribitt.
In November 2020, a man from Illinois was arrested in connection with Takaylah's murder.
- Her ears were pierced but did not contain earrings.
- Short, black, curly hair.
- She wore an orange and red shirt with the words "SUPER GIRL POWER"
- A Nike windbreaker with various shades of blue
- Champion pants which were blue with gray stripes
- Blue and black Nike Air Max shoes, size 7
- A red bra