|Location||Cocoa Beach, Florida|
|Disappeared||July 6, 1983|
|Missing for||36 years|
|Height||5'4 - 5'5|
|Weight||105 - 115 pounds|
Tammy Lynn Leppert was a young actress/model who disappeared from Florida in 1983.
Leppert was last seen on July 6, 1983, in Cocoa Beach, Florida. One of Leppert's friends had told authorities that he and Leppert got into an argument while driving from her home in Rockledge, Florida and later left her in a parking lot. This person is not considered to be a suspect, though Leppert's mother claimed Tammy was "afraid" of him.
Leppert's mother filed a $1 million claim against serial killer Christopher Wilder's estate. However, authorities do not consider Wilder to be linked to her disappearance. Another serial killer, John Crutchley, was also suspected to be involved with her case but had committed suicide in 2002.
Her mother theorized that Leppert was murdered due to having knowledge of drug trafficking in the area. Her mother stated that Leppert had also displayed signs of paranoia, stating that she was wary while eating food and refused to drink from open containers.
Two women came forward to Cocoa Beach detective Harold Lewis claiming that Leppert was alive. The first woman claimed that Leppert was alive and well and would "make contact when the time was right". The second woman claimed that Leppert was going to school to become a nurse.
- Leppert has curly blond hair
- Leppert has hazel eyes
- Leppert may have been three months pregnant at the time of her disappearance
- Blue denim shirt with flower decorations
- Matching skirt
- Gray purse
- Leppert may have been a victim of Christopher Wilder.
- Although this is possible, most of Wilder's known victims were killed during and after 1984.
Leppert has been ruled out as being the following:
- Harris County Jane Doe (1984)
- Allegheny County Jane Doe (1985)
- Slidell Jane Doe (1986)
- Chesterfield County Jane Doe (1986)
- Pinal County Jane Doe (1987)
- Shotgun Jane Doe (1987)
- Fairfax County Jane Doe (1993)
- Harris County Jane Doe (1994)
- Waller County Jane Doe (1997)
- Stafford County Jane Doe (1998)
- Newport News Jane Doe (2014)
- Leppert's case was featured on Unsolved Mysteries.
- Tammy Lynn Leppert at IMDb