Here is a list of rules and expectations for conduct and editing on our website. We must remain as inclusive and welcoming to keep our community strong.
- All contributors are recommended to be at least eighteen (18) years of age, as many cases have disturbing content.
- Users under this age requirement will be blocked. We do not want to discourage those interested in this area of interest but acknowledge the graphic nature of many cases and concerns with conduct.
- This website is not a social network or an internet forum.
- It is expected for all users to remain courteous and serious. Article contributions and messages that are disrespectful, racist, homophobic, transphobic or otherwise disruptive will not be tolerated. Pronged civility violations or the severity of comments will likely result in a block.
- In general, all messages between users should be relevant to the case discussion.
- Administrators may remove and alter comments at their discretion.
- If you would like to report a concern, feel free to email us at unidentifiedwiki(at)gmail.com for discretion purposes.
- Profanity, unless used in a quote or in reference to descriptions of tattoos, clothing, etc. should be minimal and generallyy avoided.
- Block evasion (creating new accounts after being blocked) will not be tolerated.
- Only administrators are permitted to warn other users, inform them of certain policies/guidelines, or to request assistance/report concerns to outside agencies (such as the main Wikia site).
- Do not upload images of living people (unless it is your own profile picture) to the site who have no definite connection to a case. We must respect the privacy of others.
- Any spam posts (to a website unrelated to this concept, for example) is prohibited and will result in a block.
- "Vandalism" or nonsense editing is not allowed and will likely result in a block.
- Ensure that you contribute using an encyclopedic and neutral tone when adding information onto the site. Maintain an unbiased standpoint and avoid writing in first-person (unless you are writing a blog post).
- Do not copy and paste (or otherwise closely paraphrase) content from other websites. As a result, the page may be deleted, rephrased or removed.
- Characteristics and personal items relating to the subject of an article may be difficult to reword and serve as the only exception for close paraphrasing.
- Users are encouraged (but not required) to sign up for positions to focus on certain areas relating to the website.
- Users are not allowed to create pages that have no media coverage, such as a cyberbully that has harassed them.
- This also includes creating pages where the only source of information is from an internet forum.
- Do not add information regarding the confirmed identification of a decedent if the source is from a personal social media post or internet forum. Reliable indications that a decedent has been identified include news sources, in addition to organizations such as NamUS removing their listings, and the Doe Network and the DNA Doe Project announcing identifications.
- When adding information to a page, please provide reliable sources. The administrators have the discretion to remove any unsourced information added to a page.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.