Volusia County John Doe was a child or teenager who was discovered murdered in Daytona, Florida
The badly decomposed body of a young male was found floating in a pond. The victim had been stabbed to death a few days prior to being discovered, and his body showed evidence of "violent trauma". Additionally, his pants had also been removed from his body and were hanging off of one of his legs, suggesting a sexual assault, but this was never confirmed.
The decedent was originally thought to have been about 20 years old, but findings in a 2013 exhumation of his remains indicated that he was much younger than what was initially estimated, most likely in his early teens.
The body was too decomposed to retrieve fingerprints, despite attempts to do so by the FBI. There was also insufficient DNA available for profiling.
Clothing and accessories
- Maroon red/white striped pullover shirt.
- Blue denim jacket (sleeve length 32).
- Purple and gray tweed pants.
- Brown dress socks.
- One black loafer (size 8).
- $6.17 and a black leather wallet were found in his pockets.
- A green Schwinn bicycle stolen on May 3 from nearby New Smyrna was found near his body.
- Brown hair.
- Eye color might be brown.
- Shaved pubic area.
- Benign bone tumor in right leg.
- Fusing in foot bones due to congenital condition; would not have produced symptoms
- His teeth were in perfect condition. Additionally, all 32 teeth were present, including his wisdom teeth, which is not common in preteens.